What personal data is collected and why?
While you visit my website, it’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you make a purchase, you will be asked to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address and email address. I use this information to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
I am not currently using any analytics software. This policy will be updated if I do.
How long is data retained?
I keep contact form entries for 3 months and customer purchase records for 1 year. Data on PayPal’s end is stored until they delete it.
What rights you have over your data
If you want me to delete any data held about you, let me know and I will do so. I can also provide you with your data if you request it. The only data I reserve the right to retain is the PayPal transaction information in case of refunds, claims etc.
Please contact me via the Personal Data Protection Form if you have any data protection/GDPR queries or requests.
How we protect your data
The website uses HTTPS/SSL. The admin account uses a complex password that I store in an encrypted database, accessible only to myself. I also employ numerous other security methods recommended for WordPress based websites but listing them would weaken security.
What happens if there is a data breach?
My approach to data breaches are that I’d rather not have any data stored to begin with. If there is a data breach, you will be contact within 24 hours of me becoming aware of it.
You can pay on this website through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.